CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 5, 2009

Pass it on, Baby!

I seem to always have a struggle inside myself. I want to help others, I want to be someone that others see as a strong Christian Woman. I want everyone to see that God is at work in my life. In the mornings (especially on my way to work, because that seems to bring out the worst in me at times) I pray that others will see God in my life. I want to teach Zachary compassion for others, and to be a follower in Christ.

Although I pray for these things daily I always go to bed feeling like I have fallen short in this somehow. Was I as nice as I could have been during the day? Could others see God's work on me, or at least see that I am a Christian?

I have been blessed with a job where I could be a great beacon of light to people at some of the scariest times in their lives. Sadly to say however, I am not. It is so easy to get caught up in the hassle, or to busy in your own life to really worry about anyone else. And sad to say sometimes you get those patients that could frustrate the Pope!

This has been a struggle for me for a while now. How do you live a Godly life in an UN-Godly world?

Then I read this post by Angie. She list some of the smaller things that we can do to show we care. (She leaves a cooler of cold drinks out for the Garbage Men that pick up her trash, just to say thanks) On her blog she gave a link to Pass It On, Baby! A non-profit charity that donates children's, and maternity clothes to women that can't afford it on their own. If you want to read more please click on the link below.
Photobucket


So, my thoughts are this. How many of us have clothes that our children don't wear anymore, and have grown out of, and we don't know what else to do with them? I venture to say almost all of us!
What I was thinking is we can get all the clothes that we want to send together, and send it all at one time. I know that there is a small group of us, that seem to always read each others blog and I really think we can help! What I am asking is two things: 1) Regardless if you have clothes that you can give or not do a post about this cause on your blog, because chances are that you have WAY more readers than I do, maybe even someone that has clothes to donate! 2) If you have clothes to donate leave it in a comment, or e-mail me at jennie.newland@yahoo.com and let me know. I will find a way to get them all together and we will send out one huge donation. Also, just so you know I will pay all shipping cost.
Please consider this, I really think we can make a difference!

1 comments:

mommato2miracles said...

I think this is a fantastic idea, and would love to post the link to my blog if you can just tell me how:-) I know how hard it is with a toddler, and how baddly I want to make a difference for the glory of God in this world. You are! Look at your little guy and what you are teaching him, keep your chin up momma, you are shaping God's next generation!!!

Post a Comment