CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 28, 2009

We Have So Much To Catch Up On!

I have been missing from the bloggy world for a while, and BOY do I have a lot to share. (Well that previous sentence is on the assumption that you find what I have to say interesting, which to be real, it usually not.) First things first my phone decided to go to the big cell phone tower in the sky on Tuesday. I can't say I'm surprised. I was on my 3rd one, the other two committed suicide shortly after my obtaining them. For some reason I seem to be the Grim Reaper for cell phones. If you don't like your phone bring it to me, I assure you it will self destruct in a few short months! So since I am eligible for an upgrade, I am going from the LG Voyager To the BlackBerry Curve. (In pink of coarse!) I hope that the new one will last, I have struggled with the switch from an actual phone to a "CrackBerry" for months, and decided to take the plunge. Here's to hoping.
Oh and a word to the wise, don't waste your time, or money on a touch screen. I have never had so much trouble with a phone in my life! It had to be replaced 3 times because of "hardware malfunctions". I've let out words I promised I would never use again over the phone situation.


On another note I was contacted a couple of weeks ago to do my first review! I have to admit that I'm pretty excited that my little 'ol bloggy fitted the criteria to do a review. (Apparently someone out there thinks what I have to say is in fact interesting) I was asked by Lisa Ness to read and write a review on a new book called "The BlackBerry Diaries: Adventures in Modern Motherhood" By Kathy Buckworth. I thought this would be perfect since I will soon be a BlackBerry-er.
Part of the agreement is that I have to tell you that I received the book for free, to do the review. So now that I have got that out of the way, I will let you know what I think as I read it. I'm really excited to get started.
And last but not least, I have asked you guys to pray for a lot of people, and parents on this blog. But tonight I am asking you to pray for me. You see, I was scheduled to work on Thursday but I didn't know it. And since I had no phone, I didn't know that they were calling wondering where I was, and therefore I was a no-call-no-show for yesterday.
I usually only work 3 days a week, 12 hour shifts. I had already worked those 3 days this week, AND I had requested every Thursday off so that I could go to church.
I had no reason to even think that I had to work. Plus, there is someone that works there (May the LORD help them if I ever figure out who it is) that told my boss that she herd me saying on Wednesday that I knew I had to work, but I wasn't coming because I had class. I didn't care they would just have to do without me.
I DID NOT SAY THIS!!!!! For starters, I don't have any classes at the moment, and why on earth would I just lay out of work?
I don't know why that lie even started, but it may very well cost me the job that I have had for the past 5 years. I will find out on Monday if I still have a job! So, please pray for me that I do. I can't lose my job lovelies, I have too much riding on my employment at Mission Hospitals.
I will let you know on Monday, just please keep me in your thoughts and prayers!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I like my Blackberry and hopefully all will be well come Monday! Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

Lisa Anne said...

I use to have the voyager, I hated it. Then I got out of my verizon contract and got the blackberry curve. I LOVE MY BLACKBERRY!! Blackberry just sent me a new curve because my old one stopped vibrating and I had it 1 month shy of a year. This curve has a video camera on it and the internet has an arrow and hand and everythign like a real computer. I love my curve, no iphone for me, no blackberry touch. Just my curve and I. Maybe one day I'll go to the Tmobile my touch as that looks sick, but I need my real keyboard!

Post a Comment