CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tic-Tac-Toe Nose

Last Summer I was going to Keith's Mother's new house for a cookout. I get Zachary ready and head out for the hour long trip to her house. (Seriously, why can't anything be CLOSE?). As we were heading down I-26 Zach starts to talk to me.

But he sounds funny.

Kinda nasal.

He has really bad allergies, so I take a quick look, and continue singing badly to the radio. A few minutes pass and he is still talking, then all of a sudden he sounds funny again.

Kinda (more) nasal.

I look back again, quickly decide that I am losing my mind, and turn back around.

Then he starts to cry.

Hard.

Like something is hurting him.

I pull over to the emergency lane and stop the car so I can take a good look at him. And there they are. Right there in both of my son's nostrils are two Tic-Tacs!

And lovelies, not just any type of Tic-Tac.

OH NO, when he does something he does it right. They are peppermint Tic-Tacs and they are burning his nose!

So, there I am on the side of the interstate with my flashers on, with Tweezers (yes, I did just happen to have Tweezers with me! You never know when a stray hair may appear my friends) preforming an emergency Tic-Tac extraction!

Oh, I think we learned an important lesson that day.

Always keep the Tweezers handy (just in case)!

9 comments:

Chanda said...

Stopping by from SITS...Oh my gosh! I would have freaked out! Thank goodness you had tweezers. And I know what you mean about the stray hairs appearing (actually it's just one hair on my chin), thus why I too carry tweezers in my car. I can't believe I just shared that! LOL!

bluecottonmemory said...

What about Tic-Tacs not being child-friendly? I try to keep tweezers, but my teenagers steal them--apparently, it's uncool to have a unibrow, though I don't think they do.

Candy up your nose? That is too funny! Whoever thought they were funny in high school never knew what real funny was until they became parents!

TheSingleGirl said...

Oh-em-gee!!

Of course it would be PEPPERMINT!!

And, hey, did you notice that you can totally see stray eyebrow hairs WAY better in the sun-visor-mirrors in cars? Many times I've wandered out to the car, tweezers in hand, trying to not look suspicious.

Now that I'm a mom I may as well just bring the tweezers WITH me.

Stopping by from SITS to say Hi!!

:D

Your cool friend Cheryl said...

I think I will have to start carrying tweezers! My 2 yr continues to blow my mind with the things he does...something up the nose might not be that far off!

Lisa Anne said...

I keep reading about all these nose accidents that are happening to kids. LOl kids really do do the darndess things don't they. lol

Micah said...

Tyson sucked a kernel of cooked corn up his nose a few months ago. I whipped out the nose sucker, only to find that once I removed the corn, he had smushed a carrot deep into his ear, as well. The nose sucker worked well for that as well haha.

Dreamgirl said...

What a cute post!
A funny little story and a very well prepared mommy! Never leave home without tweezers! (Added on my must do list now!)


Thanks for visiting me over at Sweeter Living. So much appreciated!

Have a fabulous week, Jennie!

Kelly said...

Thanks for the tip! I can imagine that all the things you can stick up your nose, that would be one of the worst.

Tesa said...

Oh my goodness! I don't know what I would have done as I don't travel with tweezers, but will now. That had to be awful for him, thankfully it all worked out due to quick thinking by you!

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

Post a Comment