CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A New Day

I am not a "go getter".

I never have been.

I can remember making "C's", and "D's" on my report card year after year because I would do my homework the night before, then decide that it wasn't worth my time to turn it in; so I would put it in my locker and forget about it.

Did I mention that I was also a very smart girl! :)

I didn't care if I made good grades or not because I knew that I knew the material and that was all that mattered. I didn't need a teacher to tell me that on my homework.

I didn't care if my paycheck was never as much as it could be because I made enough to pay my bills and do what I wanted to do, and I didn't think that I needed anymore than that.

What did it matter if the boyfriend that I had at the time was a complete and total peice of crap
completly wrong for me, because that is what I wanted at the time and that was all that mattered to me.


So you see, I can't remember the last time that I have tried as hard as I can at anything. I have spent the largest part of my life settling.

Then I had Zach. Then I got better, I want to be the best Mommy that I can be, but lets face it, we all take short cuts. He may go to bed without that bath that he REALLY needs, or not eat supper at 6pm, but I am a good Mommy.

Then another amazing thing happened....I renewed my relationship with Christ, and that I am trying my best at.

I have put alot of my efforts into my relationship with Christ. I have started going to a great Church, reading my Bible, and even started (and finished...which if you know me personally that is HUGE) a Bible study, and have started on a second one!! I am so happy with this new life that I have been given!

0 comments:

Post a Comment