CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 23, 2009

The Boy and the Band-Aid

As kids we think that Band-Aids can heal everything. Especially the ones that have the medicine in them! Seriously you can have road rash from hip-to-ankle and put a Band-Aid on it and all of a sudden it feels better (until it comes time to take it off).

Today after a terrible day at work me and little bit come home and he is playing with his trucks. He comes running to me saying "fix it", "owie" showing me his little fingers. The fingers in question had neither an owie, or were in need of being "fixed" he has just discovered the Band-Aids.

But when I put the Band-Aid on his little fingers all of his problems were solved, and he would happily run down the hall to make another fake "owie".

It made me think... Wouldn't it be nice if it were like that in real life? To put a Band-Aid on that bill you can't pay, the lost loves, the lost jobs, all the hurt! Could you imagine? I was thinking of this when I logged onto Twitter and I saw this post from a good friend:

James 1:2 Consider it pure Joy my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds.

This made me think. For those of you from the What To Expect site that I do not know personally may not know that my family and I have been through a lot the past week and we really didn't know what our future was going to hold. We were to find out today. Now do you think it is a coincidence that my friend led me to this verse TODAY!!??

I think not!

This reminded me of what I have known all along..God is the Band-Aid that heals the hurt in our lives! Please pray for me and my family we still don't know how this is going to end up, just pray that we find strength in the knowledge that it is Gods will.

P.S. The good friend is Pete Wilson pastor of Cross Point Baptist Church is Nashville, TN. and he is GREAT! Go check him out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment